New Frontiers is a National Entrepreneur Development Programme aimed at supporting the establishment and growth of technology or knowledge intensive ventures with potential to trade internationally and create employment in Ireland.
DIT Hothouse deliver the 3-phased programme in partnership with IADT.
How does it work?
This lasts two months, is part-time and offers training in key business areas.
Workshops are delivered over 2 evenings per week with facilitators introducing entrepreneurs to start-up strategies, finance, pitching, market research & more.
This lasts circa 6 months, is full-time, offers in-depth training, as well as €15,000 funding and free incubator space.
The training builds on Phase 1 with workshops and added one-to-one mentor clinics on start-up strategies, finance, pitching, market research, sales & more.
Funding is provided as a tax-free, equity-free stipend with incubator space offered in Dublin City Centre or Dún Laoghaire.
This is a full-time period of flexible support, helping successful participants raise investment and expand internationally.
Participants are offered incubator space. Select training, masterclasses and invitations to key start-up events.
Who should apply?
We look for entrepreneurs who can demonstrate the capability and commitment needed to develop a sustainable internationally traded business.
If you believe you can achieve a turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than 5 jobs in 3 to 5 years, we want to hear from you.
Applications from tech and innovative start-ups are particularly encouraged. However, all sectors are welcome to apply!
New Frontiers Phase 1
Applications Open 26th July 2018
Applications Close 23rd August 2018
Programme Start 21st September 2018
Programme End October 2018
New Frontiers Phase 2 - 2018
Applications Open Mid October 2018
Applications Close Mid October 2018
Programme Start Mid January 2018
Programme End Mid June 2018
*Dates are subject to change
Register your interest here to receive notifications of when applications for New Frontiers Phase in DIT/IADT open
More information on New Frontiers...
What does New Frontiers provide entrepreneurs?
- Training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business process, patenting, product development, sales training.
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
- Office and other business incubation facilities.
- €15,000 from Enterprise Ireland for individuals participating in Phase 2 (*income tax liability will be the sole responsibility of the participant, and individuals are encouraged to seek professional advice).
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
- Introductions to seed and early stage capital investment networks.
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international.
- Peer-group learning from participants in the region and across the country.
- Access to expertise in Enterprise Ireland through our market information centre.
- Expertise from the institutes of technology and the supportive environment of their business incubation centres.
This programme can help you if you:
- can demonstrate the capability and commitment needed to develop a sustainable business.
- are ambitious, intending that your enterprise will achieve turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than five jobs in three to five years.
- plan to build your business on a strong foundation of innovation and/or technology.
- can provide evidence of a commercial market for your proposed product or service.
- propose setting up an enterprise that is a manufacturing or internationally traded services business, or a new domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally.
We accept applications from a diversity of sectors including:
- food & consumer products
- information & communication technology
- engineering & electronics
- medical devices
- biotechnology, pharma
- digital media
- eligible internationally traded services
New Frontiers is a three-phase programme that is designed to provide an integrated and comprehensive set of business development supports to participants.