DIT SVP Christmas Appeal 2009
2nd December 2009
The Societies Office of DIT would like to make you aware of the 2009 DIT SVP Christmas Appeal. We will be launching the Christmas Appeal in two weeks time and there are a number of ways that you can help.
The DIT SVP Society will be running a week long Christmas Appeal from the 7th to 10th of December. It will be a roadshow concept, where they will hit all of the main campuses of DIT. They will be holding lunchtime events on each of the sites, timetable as follows:
- Monday - Aungier Street
- Tuesday - Kevin Street
- Wednesday - Bolton Street
- Thursday - Mount Joy Square and Cathal Brugha Street, and they will also be conducting bucket collections to raise funds for the 2009 appeal on each of these days.
The appeal comprises of :
- The Giving Tree (in conjunction with DIT Sports, DIT Chaplaincy Service and DITSU), where students and staff will have the opportunity to buy a present for a child or indeed an adult in these testing times, and drop it off in the Societies Office or any SU Office.
- The hamper collection/distribution of hampers. There will be a box in the foyer of every site where students and staff can deposit foods. (I would like to appeal for non perishable, luxury items such as sweets, biscuits, Christmas cakes, pudding, cereals, sugar, teabags etc)
- Bucket Collection during the Christmas Appeal week. Again this will be students collecting funds to buy foods for the hampers and to buy additional presents for the Giving Tree. We would welcome staff members to make collections within there offices or indeed get involved on campus that week collecting moneys.
- Silent disco on ice, tickets available in the SU shops, for every 10 euro ticket sold, 1.50 will be donated to the DIT SVP Christmas Appeal.
The distribution of the hampers will take place on Saturday 12th of December.
We would like as many students and staff of DIT to get involved and help as much as they can. For further information contact email@example.com.