Entrepreneurs wanted! Hothouse Venture Programme
28th January 2009
17th Hothouse Venture Programme commences on 26th March 2009
The Hothouse Venture Programme is a year-long comprehensive support and incubation programme for entrepreneurs with technology-based business ideas. There are sixteen places available on each Programme. Participants must have left full-time employment and be working full-time on developing their new business. The programme offers participants a number of supports including:
- Incubation space in the entrepreneurial environment of Docklands Innovation Park on East Wall Road
- Management development training facilitated by industry experts
- Strategic business counselling
- Access to an extensive enterprise and investment network
- Access to the resources of DIT, including technologies to licence, student teams, facility such as lab space and equipment
- The opportunity to be conferred with a CPD post-graduate diploma in New Business Development
- Access to grant funding through Enterprise Ireland CORD grant which could provide you with up to 50% of your previous year’s salary paid to you on a monthly basis over the course of the Programme.
The guideline requirements for this grant are...
- Potential to have turnover of €1million and 10 employees within three years
- Have strong export potential.
- Have some new or unique technology
To apply, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- An overview of your business including:
- market potential
- targeted customers
- financial viability
- CV of the promoter(s)
- Reasons you feel your company qualifies for the programme
More details are contained in the Hothouse Venture Programme brochure which can be found at www.pdc.ie/pdf/Hothouse.pdf.
Hothouse 17 will commence on Thursday 26th March 2009. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday 20th February. We will be interviewing applicants over the course of January and February and making final decisions before the end of February, in order that those that may need to give notice at a current job have ample time to work out their notice period. Please make your submission by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss to discuss the Programme in more detail please contact Sara at 01 2401 307.