The DIT MBA programme (DT348) is designed for experienced managers who want to advance into more senior roles, or perhaps run their own company. The programme offers a comprehensive grounding in core functional areas, while also focusing on a number of key themes including: entrepreneurship, management, leadership, strategy, innovation, global business operations and sustainability.
The DIT MBA is a Part-Time Programme delivered in a flexible format over two years. It is designed to help you respond to the new economic realities and opportunities and offers you a unique opportunity to challenge your thinking, leverage your talents and develop your leadership capability.
|Structure of Programme|
|Core:||14 core modules of 5 ECTS credits each.|
|Major Project:||A consultancy project based on a company specific challenge of 10 ECTS credits.|
|Electives:||2 elective modules of 5 ECTS credits each.|
|International Study Week:||A week long exploration of business practices in an overseas market developed in conjunction with partner universities.|
|Induction Programme||This will include, team work, library & resource management and a range of soft skills: presentation skills, leadership, communication & self-awareness.|
|Leadership Development Programme (LDP):||An extensive programme running throughout the duration of the DIT MBA. The range of offerings in this area includes: communication and presentation skills; team working skills; consultancy skills; influencing and negotiation skills; personal effectiveness; management skills; and career/professional development.|
This project relfects the applied nature of the DIT MBA programme, providing participants with an opportunity to apply the entire breadth of their learning to a live company challenge.
Participants will be given extensive support in research and consultancy skills throughout the lifetime of the project.
International Study Visit
A core component of the MBA programme, the International Study Visit introduces participants to the range of issues pertinent to conducting business in a foreign market, including cultural, legal and political differences. While in market, participants benefit from a wide range of company visits and discussions with industry practitioners and market experts.
Assessment is based on a combination of individual and group assignments, plus written exams. Students are encouraged to apply newly acquired knowledge and skills in the context of their organisation.
|DIT MBA Programme Modules|
|Pre Programme Induction and Team Building|
|SEMESTER 1||Modelling and Analysis|
|Sept. - Dec.||Organisation Behaviour and Theory|
|Marketing for Management|
|SEMESTER 2||Leadership and Entrepreneurship|
|Jan. - May||Corporate Finance|
|Management Control and Decision Making|
|MBA Consultancy Project|
|SEMESTER 3||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Sept. – Dec.||Strategic Operations Management|
|Innovation and Commercialisation|
|MBA Consultancy Project|
|International Study Visit|
|Corporate Governance and Ethics|
|SEMESTER 4||Global Strategic Management / Capstone|
|Jan. - May||Elective 1|
|Finish in Sept.||MBA Consultancy Project|
DIT MBA Leadership Development Programme: includes presentation skills, negtiation and influencing skills, time management, critical thinking and careers workshops.
DIT MBA Electives
The elective segment of the MBA allows participants to pick from a range of modules which meet their personal or professional needs. Two of the notable themes in this elective system are innovation and sustainability. This focus is warranted due to the growing interest in these areas and due to their centrality to the new 'Smart Economy'.
- An NQAI level 8 Bachelors Degree (Hons) at 2.2 or above, in any discipline (or equivalent professional qualification).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant management experience
- Two written references - one academic attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates who do not hold an honours degree or equivalent may be considered.
- A minimum of 7.0 on IELTS for those whom English is not their first langauge.
- Non EU applicants must have documentary proof of Irish residency or an Irish work permit to be eligible to apply. It is the responsibility of the candidate to mantain such eligibility across the life cycle of the programme.
Interview with representatives of the programme committee will form a part of the selection process.
- Candidates will be required to fill the DIT MBA online application.
- Upload an up to date Curriculum Vitae.
- Upload a copy of all academic transcripts.
- Upload a copy of academic and employment references.
- Upload official IELTS transcript (if required).
- Upload documentary proof of Irish residency (if required).
- Pay €45 online application fee.
Applications are now open for the 2013 DIT MBA Cohort. Apply now