Dr Grainne Hargaden
T: (+353-1) 402 4759
BSc(Hons), Ph.D (NUI)
- 2003 B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry, University College Dublin.
- 2007 PhD “The application of oxazoline-containing ligands in asymmetric catalysis” under the supervision of Professor Pat Guiry at University College Dublin.
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford under the supervision of Professor Tim Donohoe.
- Tutor in Organic Chemistry at Magdalen College, Oxford.
- 2010 Appointed Assistant Lecturer in Organic Chemistry at DIT.
Current research interests:
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry: We are interested in the synthesis and biological activity of novel natural products.
- Phosphorous Chemistry (collaboration with the University of Dijon, France.
- Asymmetric Catalysis: We are interested in the development of new catalytic carbon-carbon bond-forming processes involving palladium, chromium, nickel, iron and cobalt.
Current funding opportunities
I am currently looking for potential postgraduates Fiosraigh applicants for the following schemes (www.dit.ie/fiosraigh)
If you are interested in pursuing postgraduate research in the area of organic chemistry please contact
Dr Gráinne Hargaden (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recent Publications (selected)
- Hargaden GC, O'Sullivan TP, 2011, 'Di-t-butylchlorosilane' In: Philip L. Fuchs (eds). Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, page 198-201. Chichester: Wiley.
- Di-tert-butylchlorosilane, Hargaden, G. C., O’Sullivan, T. P. Electronic-Encyclopaedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis (eEROS), article RN01452, 2011.
- Donohoe, T.J.; Harris, R. M.; Williams, O.; Hargaden, G. C.; Burrows, J.; Parker, J. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 12854
- Hargaden, G. C.; Guiry, P. J. Chem. Rev. 2009, 109, 2505.
- Hargaden, G. C.; Müller-Bunz, H.; Guiry, P. J. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 25, 4235.