#VLE4DIT About this project
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) currently in use at DIT is Blackboard, which we refer to locally as Webcourses. Our contract with Blackboard comes to an end in August 2019 and this gives us all an opportunity now to reflect on our requirements for a VLE as we develop further our Digital Campus and strive to create a unique, engaged, powerful and comprehensive experience for every student on a par with best-in-class international, blended-learning, higher education providers.
The purpose of this website is to support the #VLE4DIT project. The remit of the project is to ascertain what you want, and need, out of a virtual learning environment so that the best fit possible for your changing needs can be selected. It is essential at this juncture that we choose the VLE that will be of most value, on every level, to the Institute and its people.
In order to capture your thoughts and opinions, the project team will be consulting with you all in different ways over the coming months and we would encourage you to get involved in as many of the different data gathering activities organised as possible. More details of these activities are given on this website and reminders of certain events will be sent out by email and advertised via social media. You are also welcome to give your feedback to the project team at any stage during this project via the project suggestion box. This can be found on the ‘Your Opinion’ page of this website.
The outputs of this project will form the basis of the criteria against which prospective VLEs will be evaluated during the procurement process in late 2018.
- Prof Mike Murphy, Director of Digital Campus & Learning Transformation - Project Sponsor
- Dr Frances Boylan, Head of eLearning Support & Development - Project Manager
- Ciaran O’Leary, Head of Learning Development, College of Sciences & Health
- Mary O’Rawe, Lecturer, College of Arts & Tourism
- Dr Kevin O’Rourke, Digital Campus Architect
- Dolores McManus, eLearning Support Officer
- Brenda Kearns, IT Services Manager
- Yvonne Desmond, Sub Librarian, Library Systems Development
- Pierre Yimbog, DITSU Education officer
'This is an important exercise which will shape students' educational experiences at DIT for many years to come - please get involved!'