What is... Print Media Technology & Management?
For those interested in a career in an evolving and developing, technology and management led industry, this course prepares graduates for a professional management career in the print media industry, including the print and packaging sector. The course focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful graduate to enter the print and packaging and associated media sectors in an administrative or managerial role. The course also provides graduates with an understanding of entrepreneurship and has a dedicated Industry Work Placement in Year 3. The course uses a flexible learning approach and encourages professional, managerial, technical and operations skills development.
|Located in the new Grangegorman campus in 2014 [+find out more]
What are my... Career Opportunities?
This level 8 honours degree course is appropriate for persons wishing to commence or develop a career in professional management or business administration in the print media sector. It is the career point of entry requirement for roles in production management, operations management, estimating, sales and marketing and general management within the sector. This course will also assist in the entry to other sectors and organisations which require the skills of managerial and technical competency.
What other options do I have after completion?
Students who have reached the appropriate honours standard may have access to a range of Masters degrees in DIT and elsewhere in Higher Education.
Learning Outcomes: What will I Study?
The participant will study a range of both business and technology subjects. The business modules are similar to those delivered on a general business course. Technology subjects focus on the print and digital media technology sectors. These give the breadth of subject expertise and appreciation to operate effectively in the industry.
There is a full semester of Industry placement when the participant will undertake a project with a firm operating in the sector.
- Introduction to Design/Prepress Technology
- Introduction to Print & Digital Media
- Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Post-press & Packaging
- Financial Accounting
- Operations Management
- Materials & Paper Technology
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Accounting
- Marketing Services & Production
- Information Technology
- Digital Asset Management
- Estimating for Print
- Marketing & Sales
- Industrial Placement
- Strategic Management
- Quality Management
- Research Methods
- Environmental Management
- New Technology
- Entrepreneurial Studies
Are there study abroad options?
An ERASMUS agreement is in place with the University of Applied Sciences in Munich, Germany. Students are encouraged to take a semester of comparable ECTS rated subjects there.
Dublin School of Creative Arts
T: 01 402 3778 (Dr. Kevin Byrne)
What our Students say!
- I completed the course of study within print & digital media at DIT. Prior to graduation I had already secured a position within the sector. The skills and knowledge I developed during my four years at DIT have been invaluable to my role as well as to my career development. This course will certainly prepare you for industry
- The course of study is very interesting in the way business is mixed with print media technology subjects. It is a great balance. The lecturers are very friendly and know us all. I recommend this course to anyone who would like an interesting career as well as completing a great course