This module introduces the candidate to the basic legal principles involved in setting up and operating an enterprise in the hospitality / tourism industry.
- Brief Introduction to law
- Establishment and operations of hospitality law
- Regulation and hospitality development
- Provision of intoxicating liquor
- Hospitality names and symbols law
- Employment law in the hospitality industry
- Relationship between hospitality operator and customer
- Provision of accommodation
- Provision of food
- Law of accidents
- Food safety management
Early application is encouraged. As the number of places is limited, candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied on the application form. Late applications may be considered should vacancies remain. Candidates will be notified of the outcome or of any short-listing procedures.
One assessment & One Exam
Short course certificate of Dublin Institute of Technology. Students who successfully complete the examinations will be considered for exemption from the equivalent subject on the Higher Certificate Hospitality Services Management (Programme Code: DT451)
The examinations will be considered for exemption from the equivalent subject on the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Services Management (Programme Code: DT451) and/or on the BA in Hospitality Management (Programme Code: DT460).