International Student Office at Dublin Institute of Technology
Study in Dublin! (see also Ireland)
Home to DIT - Dublin is the cosmopolitan capital city of Ireland.
- Founded by the Vikings in 988AD
- Population of 1.4 million
- A young vibrant population including 50,000 students
- Main industries – Commerce/Finance, IT & Tourism
- EU Headquarters of many ICT, Financial & Pharmaceutical companies
- Compact offering an eclectic mix of city, countryside and coastline.
- Blend of old and new
- Intimate, cosmopolitan
- Vibrant and historic city
- A pleasant maritime temperate climate
- Easy access: close to other European cities
- Welcoming and enriching experience
- Engaging people who know how to enjoy life!
Lots to do
An exciting city with lots to do:
- Historic & Literary Culture
- Musical Dublin
- From Riverdance to U2 to Enya
- Dublin has a thriving live music scene
- Pubs, Cafes & Nightlife
- Scenery rare to major capitals
- Coastal villages, mountains, forest walks
- Irish & international designer brands
- Lively pedestrianised streets with buskers, markets, antiques…
- Global cuisine and traditional Irish cuisine
- Festivals & Events
- Reputation for international festivals; Music, Film, Theatre, Opera...
‘Craic’ – Dublin is great fun!
For more information see www.visitdublin.com