DIT Official Languages Act Committee
Under the terms of DIT's Official Languges Act Scheme, an Official Languages Act Committee for DIT has been formed. The commmittee meets at least twice a year to monitor the implementation of Official Languages Act Scheme commitments and also the Regulations the Direct Duties of the Official Languages Act in DIT.
Monitoring meetings are held yearly with an Coimisinéir Teanga/ The Language Commissioner who oversees the implementation of Official Languages Act Schemes, Regulations and Direct Duties in public bodies.
Terms of Reference for the DIT Official Languages Act Committee
- Adopt DIT’s Official Languages Act 3 year scheme and co-ordinate the approach to the implementation of the scheme.
- Evaluate and review the implementation of DIT’s Official Languages Act Scheme and Regulations and Direct Duties of the Official Languages Act.
- Meet and review progress every six months on the implementation of DIT’s Official Languages Act Scheme, Official Languages Act Regulations and Direct Duties.
- Advise departments and schools participating in DIT’s Scheme on measures to implement the scheme, if necessary.
- Provide guidance to Oifig na Gaeilge and other DIT departments providing support to all schools and departments participating in DIT’s Official Languages Act Scheme.
- Report yearly to DIT’s Governing Body and to Oifig an Choimisinéara Teanga on the progress of the scheme.
- Recommend the development of bilingual service provision across further departments and schools in DIT for the next Official Languages Act Scheme.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about the work of the committee or if you would be interested in becoming a member.