Maths Competency Test for CAO Applicants: Easter holidays 2018Posted: 18 March, 2018
DIT is holding a Mathematics Competency Test (MCT) for applicants to its Level 8 (Honours) Engineering and Business Analytics programmes that require a minimum grade of H4 and H5 in Higher Leaving Certificate Mathematics from Wednesday, 4 April to Friday 6 April 2018.
DIT is holding a Maths Competency Test during the Easter Holidays for applicants to its Level 8 Engineering and Business Analytics programmes
The purpose of the MCT is to offer candidates an alternative route to achieve this minimum entry requirement. DIT is now accepting applications to sit the MCT from those who have applied to DIT for following Level 8 Honours Programmes which have a minimum requirement of an Honour in Mathematics.
DT302 Business Analytics (Requires a minimum of H5)
DT066 Engineering (General Entry) (Requires a minimum of H4)
The MCT is set to a similar standard as the Leaving Certificate Higher Mathematics examination, and students that are successful in the MCT will have met the minimum entry requirement for Higher Level Maths in DIT.
April 2018 Tutorials & Test
- Dates: Wednesday 4th April & Thursday 5th April (2 days):
- Time: 9:30am to 1pm & 2pm to 5pm each day.
- Location of Tutorials: G-007, 1-008 and 2-008 DIT, Kevin St.
- Date: Friday 6th April 2018.
- Time: Arrive at 9 am. Exam starts at 9.30am sharp (3 hours duration)
- Location of Test: DIT Kevin St, Basement Rooms 1, 2 & 3
Please visit here for more information including copies of past papers, a list of permitted calculators and how to apply.