BÚA in DIT 2017/18 Scholarships ‘Bain Úsáid Aisti’ - Use Irish in DITPosted: 16 March, 2017
BÚA – ‘Bain Úsáid Aisti’ - Use Irish in DIT is a new initiative organised by Oifig na Gaeilge - DIT’s Irish Language Office, for DIT students with Irish to encourage, inspire, promote and develop the use of Irish across DIT.
Scholarships to the value of €500 will be offered to students with Irish to promote the use of the language across DIT’s main campuses by organising exciting and inspiring opportunities to speak and to engage with the language!
Students will be required to:
- promote the use of Irish in engaging, creative, fun and innovative ways
- actively organise exciting social and cultural Irish language events across DIT
- promote Irish in DIT communications - social media, print, visual content etc.
- seek and support the development of Irish language services and the visibility of the language in DIT
- participate in ensuring the use of Irish in the new campus in Grangegorman
- inspire the use of Irish in our everyday lives and in the community - at home, with friends, at work, at school etc.
The Scholarships will be awarded to each student who successfully participates in the ‘BÚA in DIT’ initiative during the academic year 2017/18 and meets the conditions of the scheme.
If you have Irish, are inspired and energised in promoting and developing the Irish language in DIT, we want to hear from you!
Applications are welcome from current DIT students from all courses as well as first year students beginning in September 2017.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2017
Successful candidates will be chosen on the basis of application form and interview and we look forward to hearing from you!
Oifigeach na Gaeilge | Irish Language Officer
Táimid ag Roinnt an Phoist – We’re Jobsharing!
Siobhán Nic Gaoithín & Gráinne Ní Bhreithiún
Institiúid Teicneolaíochta Bhaile Átha Cliath | Dublin Institute of Technology
Oifig an Uachtaráin, Seomra 109 | The Office of the President, Room 109
Áras Ráth an Dúin | Rathdown House
Gráinseach Ghormáin | Grangegorman
Baile Átha Cliath 7 | Dublin 7