What is Office 365 Education?
Office 365 Education is a Microsoft Office 365 plan that is available FREE to current students and staff in DIT. This service will allow you to do the following at no cost:
- Install the latest version of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) on 5 PCs or Macs*
- Run Office apps on 5 tablets or phones running Android, iOS, and Windows
- Get 1Tb of cloud storage on OneDrive
- Use the online version of Microsoft Office on any computer
- In addition, you can also access the Microsoft Imagine Academy (formerly IT Academy), an online training resource
* Excludes DIT-owned PCs or Macs - These are covered under a separate license.
How to access and install Office 365 Education?
To access Office 365 Education, go to http://office.com/GetOffice365
If you haven't used this service before, click on the green button "Find out if you're eligible" as shown below in order to assign an Office 365 license to your account. Then enter your DIT email address. For students this will be your student number followed by "@mydit.ie" (e.g. D15000111@mydit.ie). DIT staff should enter their staff number followed by "@dit.ie"
Follow the on-screen instructions and when prompted at the DIT login screen, enter your student number or your staff number (don’t include @mydit.ie or @dit.ie). Type in your DIT password and click “Login”
Once logged in, you should see the Office 365 home screen similar to the image below where you can install Office on to your PC or Mac, use Office Online, and get details on setting up Office apps on your mobile device. A guide for installing Office is available here.
There are three ways of using the Office applications: Downloading the Office suite to your PC or Mac, installing the Office Apps on your smartphone or tablet through the appropriate App Store, or by using Office Online (Note: to start using Office Online, select "OneDrive" in order to set up your online storage before running the other Office Online apps)
IMPORTANT - Please do not install Office 365 onto DIT-owned PCs and Macs. DIT staff wishing to obtain a copy of Microsoft Office onto their DIT-owned PCs and Macs should contact the DIT Support Desk at extension 3123 or email email@example.com. Staff who receive IT support directly through their College should contact their local representative.