Dept. of Finance Circular 02/09
The Department of Finance has issued circular 02/09 which relates to measures regarding the control of ICT expenditure and the enhancing of eGovernment initiatives. The Circular 02/09 is implemented to reduce risk and achieve better value for money in the public sector.
Circular 02/09 is now supported by Circular 02/11 which restates the need for public bodies to observe the requirements of the Start of Year submission.
The following is an outline of the activities to be undertaken by DIT towards full compliance with the circulars.
- Comply with all DoF prerequisites incl: agreed IT strategy, Procurement and Financial policies and agreed project management processes in place.
- Implement where appropriate, government frameworks for the procurement of ICT equipment (e.g. desktop & laptop PCs, mobile voice & data)
- Each year complete the DoF Start of Year template for your college \ function and return to ISPMO
- DIT submits a breakdown of all ICT expenditure planned for the next calendar year to the Department of Finance by the 30 November each year.
- Monitoring and Reporting of ICT expenditure throughout the year
- Submit an End of Year report indicating any deviation from the Start of Year submission.
Further details on 02/09 is here.
For any query on Circular 02/09 contact:
Eoin Dunne, ICT Services
Tel: 402 3453