Dept. of Finance Circular 02/09
The Department of Finance (DoF) has issued circular 02/09 which relates to new measures regarding the control of ICT expenditure and the enhancing of eGovernment initiatives. The Circluar 02/09 is implemented to reduce risk and achieve better value for money in the public sector.
Circular 02/09 is now supported by Circular 02/11 which restates the need for public bodies to observe the requirements of the Start of Year submission.
The following is an outline of the activities to be undertaken by DIT as part of its transition towards full compliance with the circulars.
- Comply with all DoF prerequisits incl: agreed IT strategy, Procurement and Financial policies and agreed project managment processes in place.
- David Scott (Chief Information Officer) is the liaison with the Department of Finance for ICT matters
- Implement where appropriate, government frameworks for the procurement of ICT equipment (e.g. desktop & laptop PCs, printers, mobile voice & data)
- Complete the DoF Start of Year template for your college \ function and return to ISPMO by Fri, 09 Nov 2012
- DIT liaison submits a breakdown of all ICT expenditure planned for 2013 to the Department of Finance by the 30 November 2012
- Monitoring and Reporting of ICT expenditure throughout the year
- Submit an End of Year report indicating any deviation from the Start of Year submission.
Further details on 0209 is here.
For any query on Circular 02\09:
Jane Murphy (ISPMO)
Tel: 402 3379
Eoin Dunne (IS compliance manager)
Tel: 402 4604
For a list of ICT expenditure covered under circular02/09 click here
For details of ICT expenditure exempt from circular 02/09 click here