Request and Manage a Website
How do I get a website?
All web projects undergo a project initiation process at DIT. A project initiation document needs to be completed and the project will be assessed by the public affairs office prior to commencement. Download the web project initiation document here and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the steps involved in requesting a new website
All new websites must comply with the DIT brand guidelines
Please view the DIT Web Development and Hosting Policy here.
How will I update my website?
Website content is updated using the Content Management System (CMS). Contact Staff Training and Development at email@example.com or phone: 402 7870 for details of short training courses on the CMS.
Can I customize my website using the CMS?
Using the CMS, your website can have customized styles applied to showcase your college/school/department. Please view the available templates below. The web officer can discuss options with you.
How do I get a DIT domain name?
How do I get a public domain name?
Contact the Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. All public domain names are to be purchased through HEAnet, in consultation with the Public Affairs Office and IS Services.
How do I make my site search engine friendly and accessible?
Find out how to make your site search engine friendly and accessible by reading the Best Practice SEO & Web Accessibility Guide for DIT or more detailed information on SEO can be found at the SEOmoz beginners guide to SEO
Contracting External Designers & Developers
If you wish to contract external designers and developers, please contact email@example.com for information and guidelines.
Please note, in order for external developers to be granted access to Site Manager, developers must go through an DIT Approval Process for Terminal Four Developers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Websites hosted in and managed by SiteManager
The websites listed below use different styles to the main DIT website.
Externally visible designs
Responsive (Mobile & Tablet Friendly)
* The following templates have been developed to suit different areas of the DIT website. Most can be adapted for other areas, while some are specific to their original purpose. Please contact email@example.com for more information
- Admissions Office
- Arthur Ryan Retail Centre
- Academic Writing Centre
- Box Template
- College of Arts & Tourism
- College of Sciences & Health
- Conference website - REYLL
- Current Students
- Digital Campus & Learning Transformation
- DIT Hothouse
- DIT MBA
- DIT Open Day
- DIT Teaching
- DIT Template 1
- Dublin School of Creative Arts
- Fees & Grants
- For Staff
- Graduate Attributes
- Grangegorman Campus Development Project
- Grangegorman Campus
- Hospitality, Management & Tourism
- International Office
- Languages, Law & Social Sciences
- Library Services
- Learning, Teaching, Technology Centre
- Part-time Courses at DIT
- Research & Enterprise
- Study at DIT
- Student Printing
- Student Services
- Study at DIT
* Please note that we are no longer creating new sites with non-responsive tempates available on the system.
Internally visible designs
All sites at www.dit.ie/intranet