Marketing Internship Opportunity
We have an immediate opportunity for an enthusiastic marketer to join the DIT Hothouse team on a three month paid internship. The successful candidate will be based in the DIT Hothouse Technology Transfer Centre, DIT Aungier St., Dublin 2.
The intern will assist the DIT Hothouse marketing manager in event management, developing marketing materials, website administration, conducting market/customer research, and lead generation/appointment setting. The intern will receive formal as well as on-the-job training in website content management, customer research, B2B lead generation as well as MS Word, Powerpoint and other basic skills as required. On completion the intern will have attained skills in: Event planning, Database management, Web content management and B2B Lead Generation.
The key responsibilities of the internship will include:
1. Managing and updating DIT Hothouse industry contact databases (gathering, validating and qualifying contact lists).
2. Executing B2B demand generation campaigns via telephone, email and social media channels.
3. Conducting market research around specific research technologies and industries.
4. Updating the DIT Hothouse website with specific content changes as directed.
5. Managing Social media channels and making regular updates.
6. Monitoring and reporting on DIT Hothouse web and social media metrics using tools such as Google Analytics, Klout and Hootsuite.
7. Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders in developing marketing materials for events and promotional campaigns.
8. Managing the production of printed and online Marketing materials for large scale showcase events and promotional campaigns.
9. Liaising with external suppliers including graphic designers, printers, caterers and consultants.
10. Performing administrative tasks as requested by the DIT Hothouse Marketing officer.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the appropriate mix of knowledge, experience, skills, talent and abilities as outlined below:
• Degree in Marketing and/or Business Development Experience
• Event Management Experience
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Excellent Telephone Manner
• Ability to work closely with academic researchers
• Experience working with graphic designers, event hire companies and other external stakeholders
• Excellent Time Management Skills
• Ability to Process Multiple projects
• Strong software application skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; Web-based information retrieval
For further information about this internship please contact Stephen Davis, DIT Hothouse Marketing Manager
or 01 402 7144