DIT Hothouse at The Innovation Showcase 2015
DIT Hothouse, alongside our partners in the Dublin Region Innovation Consortium (DRIC), promoted research collaboration and technology licensing opportunities at the Innovation Showcase in the Dublin Convention Centre on Tuesday, 8th December 2015.
This was the second year of the Showcase and following on from last year’s successful event, the aim was to deliver an event in 2015 that was even more relevant and impactful for industry.
Innovation Showcase Delegates were treated to the following:
• Information regarding the wide range of supports available for collaboration with the research community.
• Keynote industry speakers delivering engaging presentations describing how their use of supports for research and innovation has improved their business.
• 12 spin-out companies from research presented their “Big Ideas” centre stage, illustrating the high quality of research happening in Ireland’s Higher Education Institutions.
• A newly updated version of the Directory of Research Centres and Technology Centres, detailing the range of supports available to facilitate collaboration with the research community, was launched.
• The ultimate goal of the Showcase was to achieve significant economic impacts through increased engagement between the public research system and industry.
From L-R: Stephen Davis, Anne Marie Kelly, Tom Flanagan, Dr. Paul Maguire (all DIT Hothouse) and Assumpta Harvey, ITB LINC
From L-R: Dr. Paul Maguire, DIT Hothouse and Bertie Kelly, National College of Ireland
About the Dublin Region Innovation Consortium
The Dublin Region Innovation Consortium (DRIC) represents Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), Institute of Technology Tallaght, Dublin (ITTD), Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB), the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dun Laoghaire (IADT) and National College of Ireland (NCI) and is funded by Enterprise Ireland to maximise the impact of research in each of the institutions. DIT Hothouse, the technology transfer office at DIT, provides knowledge transfer and commercialisation support to all members of the consortium.